I had some frozen berries left and a whole bag of gluten free oaks. What should I do with my day? I know make crisp! I have never tried crisp before, but this was a super easy recipe and it came out really tasty!!
1 1/2 Cup Strawberries
1 1/2 cup Blackberries
4 table spoons sugar (You could use honey or agave sprup. The berries just need to get a little runny.)
2 cups flour (I used one cup corn flour and one cup biscuit/pancake flour. Any gluten free flour will work, but remember to try and use at least two different types of flour)
2 Cups gluten free oats
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups butter/earth balance/smart balance
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix together berries and the sugar. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix together flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg
4. Cut the butter in until the mixture is crumbly.
5. Take the mixture and press half of it to the bottom of an 9x13 inch baking pan.
7. Put the berry mixture over the top of the press oat and flour mixture.
8. Sprinkle the remaining mixture over the top of the mixture.
9. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. You want the fruit to bubble and the top to get golden brown.
10. I served this warm with a little bit of whipping cream. You could also serve it with ice cream and even serve it plain.
Also I make my own whip cream. I buy the cream in a carton and then mix it with a beater If you want the whip cream thick you can add granulated sugar as a sweetener. Also if you want it a little runny then add some honey and or agave syrup instead of the sugar.