Saturday, June 4, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables.

A couple of weeks ago I made a delicious teriyaki chicken with broccoli, zucchini, Asian greens, garlic and of course teriyaki sauce. I cheated with the sauce and used a per-made  gluten free teriyaki sauce. I marinaded the chicken over night in the sauce. The first thing that you do is cook the chicken. I cooked in a fry pan. I find that it cooks best on medium heat. Once the chicken was cooked in put in the broccoli, zucchini, and garlic. I find that if I turn down the heat to medium-low it cooks best. I than added a little more of the teriyaki sauce while the vegetables and the chicken cooked. While is this cooking I prep the sauce that is going to cook in when I add the Asian greens. I put a little water in  a glass and added a little teriyaki sauce or soy sauce. Once the vegetables were almost cooked all the way I added in the Asian Greens. I then took the soy sauce/teriyaki with water and add it into a fry pan at this point and let everything cook for about 5 minutes. Then serve and enjoy. I served this over rice however you could serve it plain, over rice, or even our noodles. Rice noodles are fun to put this on top of and it is then still Gluten Free :)

Of course you can substitute any vegetables that you want and you can also use tofu, beef, pork, or fish for the protein source instead of using chicken.  Make it with the vegetables and Protein or no protein that you like most or happen to have. I also have been known to do this recipe without the teriyaki sauce. For the sauce I mixed together peanut butter, garlic, soy sauce. and water and that makes a delicious peanut Asian infused sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment