Sunday, June 19, 2011

Vegetable Fajita

The other day I had a couple of friends over for dinner and we made fajitas together. Fajitas are really fun to make this time of year. For these use whatever vegetables you like. The night that I made these I was really wanting peppers (even though they are not in season in Eugene), so these costs me more money then they normally would. If you want to kept costs down remember to use vegetables that are in season where you live.

Filling for the Fajitas
One Onion
One yellow pepper
One red pepper
One orange pepper
One zucchini
About 15 baby carrots
2 cloves of garlic
Olive oil

Topping for the Fajitas
Salsa
Avocado
Olives
Spinach (from my garden)
Cilantro
Black Beans
Rice
Sour Cream
Tortillas corn or flour

1. Saute onions in olive oil for three minutes.

2. Add in the rest of the vegetables and cook on medium heat until they are tender.

3. While the vegetables are cooking warm-up black beans on the stove and cook your rice. I love using my rice cooker because it cooks my rice perfectly every time. I got mine for about 15 dollars and it has been worth every penny. If you are going to be gluten free for life I suggest investing in a rice cooker!!!

4.Make sure to stir your vegetables!!

5. Cut up spinach, tomatoes, cilantro, olives, and avocado. I like to put these on a plate so that everyone can put on what they like in the amount that they like it! Also get out the sour cream and salsa!!

6. Make sure to stir your vegetables!!

7. Then once everything is hot than call in your friends and family to put together their own fajitas.

You can always cut costs by not using so many toppings. Of course you can also put in tofu, chicken, beef, or even shrimp.

Here are the fajitas that my friends and I made.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Hey...so I wanted to let you know that I just gave you a blogger award! I love your goodies (but I hope you give us more recipes, soon!) Here is all the info on the award here, friend! http://civicstitchings.blogspot.com/2012/02/little-blogger-love.html

    ReplyDelete